Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rome, Italy



Believe it or not, It was my first time to visit Italy. I was in and out of Europe so many times, but somehow I had always skipped Italy for different reasons.

This time, when we wanted to create a sisters only trip, we finally said, "ITALY!!!"

Day 1, we decided on Italy, then Day 2, all three of us booked our tickets.

I know, I know, I should have blogged about it right after the trip... and it's kind of hard to write about it so many months later, but at least I am getting to it now.

My sisters were there before me (I couldn't leave because of school) and they saw Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice. By the time I got to Rome, my younger sister had to leave for San Francisco, so three of only got to spend 24 hours in Rome, then she was off to San Francisco.

I was able to spend 4 days in Rome with my older sister.

Rome was incredible. Rome is a city that you all have to see once in your life. Because it was in August, the city was filled with tourists - Romans go on vacation for almost the whole month to other parts of Italy or outside. Only good thing was, though, there was no traffic.

Food was good (food pictures to come) and gelato was awesome. But most importantly, I was delighted to see Pantheon and Colosseum. I grew up watching documentaries about Roman Empire (I still do), so I couldn't hold my excitement when our bus was approaching Colosseum for the first time.

All and all, Rome was more than I expected and I would love to go back!!!

No comments: