Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 6 in Peru

 View from Wayna Picchu

We woke up at 5:30 am to catch 6 am bus.  Buses are supposed to run from 5:20 am and every 20 mins, but it seemed like whenever bus was full and it was leaving and there were more than 6-7 buses that we saw that were coming down.  Getting to Machu Picchu is a key, because it gets super crowded by late morning.

We decided to hike up to Wayna Picchu, that's the peak behind Machu Picchu.  If you want to do that you need to buy tickets early, because they only let 400 people in a day.  I believe you can buy Machu Picchu tickets without any problem, but I bought both tickets at the same time through travel agency.

OK, enough about logistics.  I won't try to describe Machu Picchu, because I am not a good enough rider to describe what I saw.  It was pretty magical and everyone should experience that.  Made me cry as soon as I saw the glimpse of the sight.  I have to say, Machu Picchu definitely has to be one of top three places that I have ever been to.  The other two are - Pyramids of Giza and Ankor Wat. 

No comments: