Thursday, August 04, 2011

Kimchi Chronicles


Those of you who follow my blog or know me at all know that I am far from typical Korean; however, as far as food is concerned, I can't stay away from Korean food too long. I love all different cuisines, but Korean food is still my comfort food. So when I heard that one of my favorite chefs, Jean-Georges' wife has a TV show and book about Korean food, I was very much interested. TV show is on PBS. I was lucky enough to catch end of one episode last Sunday. Look for your local listing.

Today, I went to her book signing event and cooking demo. I was very inspired. I was hoping to meet her husband as well but he wasn't present.

I am happy to see that Korean food is finally getting the attention it deserves. Even though I am still a traditionalist as far as my Korean food is concerned, but I am happy to see more people are adventurous, like David Chang and food truck like Korilla that serves Korean tacos.

Yes, I am inspired and I will try my best to update my blog more often. I still owe you updates from Spain and Puerto Rico (we were just in Puerto Rico a few weeks ago - our lazy vacation).

No comments: